Saturday 29 December 2012

Christmas



Recently we had Christmas.

I'm sure most of you noticed.

On this occasion and for the foreseeable future I did and will be spending it in Brasil.

It was my first away from Sheffield and only the second since my parents had both passed away, but I wasn't nervous. Mainly because despite the mega heat of the day and days leading up to my first summer-y Christmas, there were so many similarities to it and the normal snowy variety I am used to.

The tree was laden to overflowing with baubles, tinsel and other assorted decorations, lights shone from every place you cared to look, the smell of Turkey wafted through the house and above all, I was with a family that did nothing but smile and make everything easy and fun.

I can't thank them enough for making me feel welcome and part of this new family.

Here are a few photos. Clarissa made the dessert- delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment