Friday 21 September 2012

Torrential Rain in the South

Until the other day, it's been raining...a lot.

When I say a lot, I mean it's been falling from the sky like I left the shower on high.

Having taught Nikki at her office at the beginning of the week and not believing that the weather would get worse than an umbrella could handle, I set about the 30 minute walk home, with the rain coming down at an even pace.

I had agreed to get a taxi back, but given that it was raining, there seemed to be a shortage. I hailed and hailed, but to now avail. As such, I set about my journey with gusto.

I figured well, if it's going to rain, I'm going to get wet either way, may as well enjoy it...

Then the rain escalated.

Looking up into the blackened sky you could almost feel lightning and thunder cracking and throbbing behind the murky grey clouds. I brandished the umbrella like a weapon, but could not shake the memory of random cartoons where the character got zapped by lightning and his hair shot up in a spiky fashion.

Needless to say, I got a tad damp.

My jeans, jacket, socks and books all turned multitudes of shades darker and as such, my boots have only just- 4 days later, resumed their lighter brown appearance.

Here are a few images I decided to capture, standing in one of many puddles by the sides of the roads.






No comments:

Post a Comment