Thursday 18 October 2012

D.I.Y with David

That's right. Dad'd be proud.

This literary, artistic, lazy Oik (Yorkshire term for a person lacking drive or manners) has finally been set to work.

I have been assigned the task of sanding and re-painting three pieces of dated furniture and giving them a new lease on life. Cue the music from 'Changing Rooms' and watch the magic unfold.

First was the long legged table. Dark to the point it was almost black. Sanded, painted and now look at the results.

Sorry, no 'pre' photo for this one.

Next came the bau ooo (blanket box and I don't know how to spell it in Portuguese, so- Bau oooo).

Sanded- to the point my arms very nearly fell off (3 hours) and re-painted.


Delightful.

And finally, I think (depends on my next task), the Dresser table thingy.

Sanded, a little (I was advised I didn't have to try too hard with it) and painted (here is the first coat).


Huzzah!

I'm pretty handy, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete