Saturday 26 May 2012

Bald Santa

A thinner, bald crowned, white haired Santa Claus, with a tan walked past me yesterday. He subsequently began his stretches and boarded one of the park's exercise machines and began, what I assume, was his pre-Christmas cardio routine.

It's good that Santa stays in shape, he's pressed rather thin these days, but he appears to be eating well.

I thought it rude to take a photo, but here are some of his work out buddies.


It's funny, I sit here or walk there and I realise that more than anywhere else I have been, this is a conversational city. Whether it's the abruptness of vehicles darting between each other with a 'vroom' or a 'squeal' and a yell or the extreme politeness of shop assistants addressing customers or even the relaxed nature of the policemen as they chat-up the teenage girls- there's interaction and it seems essential for Porto Alegre.

This morning I was privy to a scene that both amused and saddened in equal measure...it is called 'Bath Time for Dogs'.

Pricilla mid-shower;


Pricilla and Joca after shower;


Damp dogs, but sweet smelling.

Joca is talking to us again. Pricilla is grudgingly accepting strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment